Sunday, March 6, 2016

"I AM" Poem By @TitaniaHerrod


"I AM"


Original poetry 
written by Titania Herrod of St. Louis, Mo.

As I stood looking at my enemy in his eyes; I knew he hated me.
He hated me not because he knew me; he hated me and others like me,
Because he knew he could never be me. 

Who am I
I am a decedent of Gods and Goddess's, Queens, and Kings.
Were warriors like Shaka Zulu ruled a nation of more than a hundred thou ...we’re Queens like Yaa Asantewaa 
Had a village of men bowing down.

I AM
Strength from my ancestors
Whose blood weeps of many slaves that was hung from a tree,
Like a slave in New Jersey name Mingo Jack killed 1893.
It weeps of the angrier of those before me
Who marched in Washington D.C. in 1963?
Because of the murder of 14 year old Emmet Till,
It weeps because those with skin like mine are still being killed.

"no justice no peace",
how could it be when Trayvon Martin & Mike Brown laid dead in the streets?
Because of the color of my skin it could’ve easily happen to me.
How could they ever rest in peace.... when the system let their killers go free?
It weeps of 2015...Otis Byrd found hung from a tree...
Yet they say this land is made for you in me...
Though I weep I am still Africa…Egypt…Ghana…
Johannesburg…Kenya…Botswana Ethiopia
I am still Africa meaning I am Alpha I am Omega
We were first and we will be the last...which is why my enemy is mad.....
So as I continue looking at this devil in his eyes
With my fist held high... I can’t help but smirk because I knew he knew we were here first.

BP
Do you know who you are? Educate yourself, educate your children because they are trying to make us forget were we came from....Our ancestord struggle, that paid the way for US.....Our people made not just AFRICA...or even AMERICA...but the world we all live in ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Happy Birthday To Nipsey Hussle & Chief Keef

Both their birthday are on Aug. 15 Nipsey Hussle would've turnt 38 & Chief Keef turnt 28.